Recently I have noticed that there seems to be an epidemic of frozen yoghurt shops opening all over Sydney. I went to Newtown for lunch with a friend and as we walked along, we passed at least one store every few meters! I think perhaps the new love for Fro-yo (as my friend calls it) has come from the belief that it is a healthy snack/dessert/treat option due to the idea that yoghurt is less fattening than something like ice cream. My confusion towards this is substantiated by the fact that Frozen yoghurt is actually full of all sorts of additives and sugar, so really it is no better than anything else. That is unless you make it like this! This is a superfood, sugar free version of Fro-yo with banana and Complex Berry topped with Goji's and Cacao nibs. You can use pretty much what ever you like for topping, I made it for a friend recently and she topped hers off with granola and coconut, for example.
- 2 frozen Mango cheeks or 2 frozen Bananas (Depending on what flavor you'd prefer)
- 2 serves of Complex Berry Powder
- Handful of Goji Berries and Cacao Nibs
- 2 cups of Yoghurt
- Cut up the frozen fruit into chunks to make it easier to blend
- Put the yoghurt and frozen fruit in the blender and mix until smooth
- Serve straight away. Top it off with a sprinkle of goji berries, Cacao nibs and complex berry powder.